Friday, October 28, 2005

Less than a Week until my Recital!


My senior recital is next week Thursday! I'm excited, and also a little nervous.
Nervous because I'm hoping that by then I'll be adjusted to my new chin rest, and all the details will be taken care of, and that I will be able to perform well so people can really enjoy the music. I will probably feel very relieved when it is done. I'm performing in the 3:00 recital today, mainly to try to get some nerves out. Usually when I'm nervous my eyes dry out and I can't see the music. Argh.
Excited because of all the people that are coming to hear me play, and because I think the music is starting to sound very good, if I do say so myself. And because we are having apple cider at the reception.

4 comments:

n[ate]vw said...

Apple cider?!! I guess now I'll have to come.

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't tempt people to skip trips to Finland and go to the Land of Corn to hear beautiful music instead. I want a CD, Hannah Ray Hooyer. Signed and autographed. That way, when I'm teaching my kids ''rainbows'' and ''free-expressions,'' I can use your stuff to brain-wash them.

Unknown said...

okay... Who is going to Finland and doesn't know how to spell HAnnah's middle name? hmm... anyway, Hannah why is there a picture of feet? Okay see you at Niso...

Hannah said...

Well, I think the anonymous comment that mentions Finland is from Ann (being as she is currently in Europe and uses some "terms" from conducting class that we took together). The feet are just because I like that picture and I couldn't find one more appropriate to the topic, but I wanted to try posting a picture.