Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Constraints Fuel Creativity


It's been a week since Tobias broke his leg. I got just a little sad looking at the 4th of July videos where he was running around with sparklers. And I got just a little sad when a box of clothes for him arrived and he can't wear any of them right now (I think they're big enough that he can still wear them a little this fall). Silly, I know. Don't worry, no one is spending too much time being sad! Mostly I'm proud of how patient and positive he's been.

I asked Toby how many days he thought it would be until the cast came off. He said 47 (that's the 3 year old version of "not quite infinity"). I counted, and that's Sept 16. We'll see.

He's in very good spirits and slept through the night last night for the first time in the cast. He's getting to try lots of new activities like tummy scooting, spirograph spinning, and accompanying Ben (Nate's friend) with shaky eggs.

3 comments:

Lynnea Vis said...

Glad to hear things are going alright. I've been thinking and praying for you guys a lot.

Unknown said...

I clapped my hands :)

Holly said...

oh my goodness this video kills me! nothing will stop that kid! (who is surprised) adorable.